This article will provide all information needed to transfer a domain from one registrar to another
There are specific steps you will need to take to prepare your domain. Below are the details to prepare your domain for transfer with your current registrar and then process the submission with your current host
Steps to move your domain registration to:
1. Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer and is following the standard ICANN regulations some of which will be stated below:
• Please make sure that the registration of the domain name was at least 60 days ago
• The domain has been with your current registrar for at least 60 days.
• The domain name is not on hold with your current registrar
2. Prepare your domain for transfer:
• Disable Whois privacy protection tool or Private Registration for your domain
• Verify you have access or you are in communication with whoever has access to the email within the domain’s WHOIS Administrative contact
• Unlock your domain – remove the registrar lock you may have set for added security
• Obtain the EPP code (transfer authorization code) from the current registrar
3. Submit your transfer through your account
• Once logged in, select Domains from the top menu and select Transfer a Domain
• Enter your domain name & EPP code separated by a comma i.e. ww.mydomainname.com, E9R7;P402*4HS73
• Click “Start Transfer” and your system will verify the domain is ready for transfer and return the results.
• Click “Add to Cart”
• Enter any coupon codes you may have and click “Apply”
• Proceed to Checkout
4. Check your email for the verification request.
The email will be sent to the Administrative contact on your domain’s WHOIS. It will be sent from email@example.com email address. This may take a few hours to arrive (and please be sure check your spam folders just in case).
You can check on the status of your transfer at any time from within your account.
Kindly comment below if you have any questions