Submit Website URL to Google, Bing and Yahoo today. It is one of the Best ways to get your site noticed by search engines. Note that search engines have crawlers whose main objective is to find sites, but submitting your sites will help speed up the process.
Once you submit website URL to Google, Bing and Yahoo, it will take days, weeks or months for your site to be indexed so you just have to be a little patient.
The following section describes the steps to be able to submit your URL on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask respectively
Steps to Submit Website URL to Google, Bing and Yahoo
Submit your URL to Google:
1. Go to the following link: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
2. Sign in to your Google account (i.e. using your Gmail username and password)
3. Type in your URL, example: http://www.yoursite.com
4. Enter the captcha text shown in the box (Audio available)
5. Select “Add URL”
Submit your URL to Yahoo:
1. Go to the following link: http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
2. Click on “Submit Your Site for Free”
3. You will be redirected to Bing. Follow the on-screen instructions for submitting your URL.
Submit your URL to Bing:
1. Go to the following link: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
2. Type in your URL, example: http://www.yoursite.com
3. Enter the captcha text shown in the box
4. Select “Submit URL”
Note: Ask does not provide this feature
According to Tutorials point to following Methods can help you increase link popularity
- Submit your site in popular search engines manually. Don’t go for automated submission.
- Get your site listed in Open Directory Projects like dmog.org, yahoo.com. Getting listed in these directories will give your site a boost in link popularity and improve search engine ranking in other search engines.
- Provide high quality content – people will naturally link to your site if you have what they want and no where is available.
- Leverage your personal relations with other webmasters. Put your site link on their sites. One way links often count for more than reciprocal links.
- Participate in Link Exchange Program. Find top 20 sites doing the same business and contact them for reciprocal links. Link exchange between unrelated sites might affect the ranking of websites in the Search Engine.
- If you are subscribed in a forum and forum does not have any restriction to keep your site link as your signature then it can help you to increase your site popularity.
Submit your site to bookmark sites like DIGG, and Slashdot etc. Before submitting please go through their spam policy.
- Write good articles in blogging sites and give few references of your links with-in that article.
Keep providing good content to your site visitors. Try to keep them busy on your site. If possible create forums, news letters, blogs etc.
The above are the free methods, note that there are also other paid methods
- Buy a place on high rank website where you can put your link.
- Subscribe for Google’s Adwords program to drive traffic towards your site.
- You can go for alternative advertising option to increase the number of hits on your site which will result in your site link popularity.