How to set up email on Android
We know you’re excited to How to set up email on Android. This article should have your email working on your device in about 5 minutes.
NOTE: The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your iPhone software to work with Anatech hosting solutions. The steps to set up email on your Android device might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider. However, all the information you need to set up your account (username, password, server settings) is in these steps.
To Set Up Email on Your Android-based Device
- Open your device’s email application.
- If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts. Press Menu again and tap Add account.
- Type your Email address and Password, and click Next.
- If you have IMAP, tap IMAP. If you’re not sure, tap POP3.
- Use these settings for your incoming server, depending on the type of email you have:
POP3 Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. POP3 server london02.mithrilnetwork.com Port 995 IMAP Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. IMAP server london02.mithrilnetwork.com Port 993
- Use these settings for your outgoing server:
SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server) SMTP server london01.arbalestnetwork.com Port 465 Security type SSL
- Select Require sign-in and make sure your Username (your full email address) and Password are correct. Tap Next.
- Tap Next again. Name your account and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
That’s it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.
Some Android devices and mail clients do not require sign in. Therefore, if the settings above are not working for you, please go back to step 7 and uncheck Require sign-in, then proceed with setup.
If you’re not receiving email messages or you can’t send messages, Contact us Don’t worry. There are a few things that can happen during the setup process. We’ll help you investigate and fix them.